College life is hectic! With so many papers and parties, who has time to style hair? That’s why we love keeping things easy with these simple hairstyles for college. These college hairstyles are so quick and easy, you can save time styling your hair and steal a couple extra minutes of precious sleep before class. Plus, these styles all work with unwashed hair. But the best part? These super-simple styles are perfect for all you alumnae who are just a little — or a lot — past your college years, who are looking for stylish go-to hairstyles for busy mornings!
Keep reading for our favorite “back-to-school” hairstyles for everyone!
5 Simple College Hairstyles for Anyone
This hairstyle is a modern update to the traditional bun. We love that it works with virtually every hair texture and length!
- Divide hair into two sections and secure the top section with a hair tie.
- Use your fingers to gently tug the hair on top to create more volume.
- Lightly tease the ponytail, then twist around the hair tie and secure with bobby pins to create the bun.
Side Fishtail Braid
Think of this college hairstyle as a more grown-up version of the braid from your elementary school days.
- Brush hair to remove all tangles. Pull hair to the side, then split hair into two sections.
- Take a small piece of hair from the outer portion of the left section. Pull it over the left section, then add it to the bottom of the right section.
- Repeat, alternating sides until all hair is braided. Then fasten with a clear hair elastic.
- Gently fan out the braid to create the appearance of thicker hair.
Music festival fashion inspired this simple hairstyle!
- Part your hair down the middle and separate hair into two sections.
- Using hair ties, secure each section into a high ponytail. Make sure the ponytails are the same height.
- Gently tease the hair in each ponytail to add volume.
- Twist the left ponytail around the hair tie and secure with bobby pins. For larger space buns, wrap the hair more loosely. Then, repeat with the right ponytail.
- Finish with a mist of hairspray to help your space buns stay put through a busy day of class!
This back-to-school hairstyle is cute enough to wear to a party, but casual enough to wear to class!
- Pull hair into a high ponytail at the crown and secure with a hair tie or scrunchie.
- From the top of the ponytail, take two small sections and pull apart to “lift” the ponytail and add extra volume.
- Then finish the look by pulling out thin, face-framing bangs for a retro 90s look.
The topknot is the easiest hairstyle of them all! This is our favorite back-to-school hairstyle because it takes less than a minute to style.
- Pull hair into a high ponytail.
- Use a hair tie to fasten the hair like you were going to make a ponytail. But the last time you wrap the hair tie around your hair, don’t pull the hair all the way through. Leave the ends of your ponytail in the hair tie, creating the “knot.”
- Gently tug on the knot to add more volume.
- If desired, pull out face-framing pieces.
Our #1 Time-Saving Hair Styling Tip
Healthy hair always looks better, even when you don’t have time to style it! But whether you’re busy writing papers and cramming for exams, or running errands and working long hours at a job, it can be hard to remember to eat a balanced diet. And a lack of hair-healthy nutrients in your diet can eventually lead to dull or even thinning hair. Viviscal Hair Growth† Supplements promote healthy hair growth from the inside for gorgeous hair on the outside. The combination of a marine collagen complex, AminoMar™, plus key vitamins and minerals in Viviscal is scientifically proven to nourish thinning hair and promote existing hair growth. So even if you’re busy, you can make sure your hair is getting the nutrients it needs!*
What’s your go-to quick and simple college hairstyle? Let us know in the comments!
†Existing hair growth