We love heatless hairstyles for many reasons. First of all, heatless hairstyles are usually quick and easy, so you don’t have to spend a ton of time each morning styling your hair. But what we really love is that they minimize heat damage from hot tools like flat irons and curling irons. When you’re trying to grow or maintain healthy hair, avoiding heat damage is key!
4 Easy Heatless Hairstyles
1. Ponytail or Ponytail Braid with Scarf
Scarves add a pop of color to your outfit and pizzazz to a regular ponytail or braid. For this heatless hairstyle, we recommend choosing a silk or satin scarf. Silk and satin have a smooth texture that cause less friction and damage to your hair.
First, pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with a hair tie. Secure with a clear elastic hair tie. Roll your headscarf, then tie it into a bow at the base of the ponytail. If you have fine or straight hair, use bobby pins to secure the bow in place.
If you want to take this look to the next level, add a braid. Divide the ponytail into three sections, then braid the hair to the end. Secure the end with a clear plastic hair tie. “Pancake” the braid by gently pulling apart the sections. This will give your braid an extra boost of volume.
2. Twisted Faux Chignon
We love this hairstyle because you can use it on damp hair for heatless waves. But it also is a great easy hairstyle for days when you don’t want to wash your hair.
Start by brushing hair. If your hair is damp, evenly distribute a small amount of Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Elixir through hair, which will give your waves extra body.
Part hair and divide into two sections. Take a small section of hair from in front of the ear and twist towards the back of your head. As you work your way towards the back of your head, add more small sections of hair into the twist. Repeat until all the hair in the section is twisted. Use several bobby pins to hold the twist in place. Repeat on the other side, adding bobby pins to secure hair.
If your hair is long, use the remaining hair to create a bun. If your hair is short, tuck the ends of each twist into the twist on the opposite side, and secure with a bobby pin.
3. Braided Headband
This is a fun heatless hairstyle for long hair of all textures. First, create a three-strand braid with a section of hair from behind your ear. Secure the end with a clear elastic hair tie. Pin the braid over the top of your head like a headband. Then repeat on the other side.
4. Braided Space Buns
This fun, trendy look makes a great heatless hairstyle for a night out. Or you can use this easy hairstyle as a way to create heatless waves. Just braid your hair and wrap in a silk scarf before bed to hold the style in place and reduce friction and breakage.
Here’s how to do it:
- Pull hair into two high ponytails, like pigtails.
- Braid each ponytail in a standard three-strand braid, then secure the ends with clear elastic hair ties.
- Wrap the braid around the base of the ponytail and secure in place with bobby pins.
More Heatless Hair Care Tips
You already know that embracing heatless hairstyles is a great way to keep your hair strong and healthy. Here are a couple other ways to keep your strands in tip-top condition:
- Practice good brushing habits by being extra careful when detangling your hair. Always begin at the ends of your hair and gently working your way towards the roots, working snarls out along the way. If you hear a snapping sound, you’re brushing too hard. While it’s safe to use a brush on dry hair, only use a wide-tooth comb on wet hair.
- Nourish your hair from the inside out. Your hair follicles require a special mix of vitamins and minerals to grow at their optimal level. Make sure you’re getting all your necessary nutrients for regular hair growth by taking Viviscal hair growth† supplements twice daily. With a proprietary mix of hair-healthy vitamins and minerals plus an AminoMar™ complex, Viviscal can visibly improve the health of your hair in as little as three months.*
What are your favorite heatless hairstyles? How do you keep your hair healthy? Let us know in the comments!
†Existing hair growth