Spring is just around the corner, which means that flower hair accessories are about to be everywhere again. Flower headbands have been very popular the past few years, particularly at music festivals. But if you’re over flower headbands, we have great news for you. There are so many ways to wear hair flowers. Floral headbands are just the beginning! And believe it or not, floral accessories are ideal for anyone with fine or thin hair. Why? Because they naturally attract the eye, drawing attention away from fine locks.
Ready to embrace this spring 2020 hair trend? Keep reading to learn the cutest ways to style hair flowers for spring.
Beyond Flower Headbands: 5 Ways to Wear the Hair Flower Trend This Spring
Chignon with Flowers
This updo with floral hair accessories is absolutely perfect for weddings or romantic springtime dates. Here’s how to style it:
- Start by applying a small amount of Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Elixir throughout hair. This leave-in treatment adds body, creating the appearance of thicker looking hair.
- Next, smooth back hair and gather at the nape of your neck.
- Twist hair, then coil in a counter-clockwise circle into a bun shape. You may need to use your index finger to hold the hair in place. Secure the bun with bobby pins.
- Using a tail comb, gently tease apart the edges of the bun. This will give the chignon more volume and make your hair look thicker. Then gently tease and pull apart pieces of hair until you achieve the bun shape you want.
- Slide the tail comb under the hair at your crown and gently lift up to give you more volume at the roots. Since this look is very romantic, you don’t need to worry about it being perfect.
- Pull a few face-framing tendrils from the chignon and curl them with a curling iron.
- Finally, add flowers! You can tuck fresh blooms into your chignon and secure with hair pins, or use faux flowers attached to bobby pins.
We love this floral wreath hairstyle for weddings and music festivals. Yes, it’s similar to a headband, but elevated to a more elegant look that’s both romantic and fresh. This makes an ideal flower girl headband or even a bridesmaid hair accessory. You can buy floral wreaths of silk flowers online or at your local crafts store, or they’re actually pretty easy to make at home. But if you’re not crafty, no worries! Many florists offer gorgeous floral wreaths made with fresh flowers for special occasions.
Natural Texture with Flowers
Play up beautiful natural curls by adding flowers! If you have very curly hair, you may be able to simply tuck fresh blooms into the spirals. But if your natural texture is more wavy than tight and coily, you can achieve the same look with faux flower hair clips.
Hawaiian Hair Flower
A Hawaiian hair flower is a simple way to add some beach vibes to your hairdo. If you have tropical flowers on hand, simply tuck a bloom behind your ear. But if not, a floral hair clip will do the trick! Let your hair air-dry in loose waves or add a sea salt spray for texture to add to the tropical beachy vibe.
Top Knot with Flowers
Don’t have a lot of time to spare? Try this easy top knot with hair flowers. Start by pulling hair into a high ponytail and fastening with a hair tie. Add a small amount of Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Elixir to your ponytail to give your top knot more body. For extra volume, gently backcomb your ponytail. Wrap your ponytail around the hair tie. Tuck the ends into the hair tie, then finish securing the top knot with a few hair pins. Finally, finish the look by adding floral hair accessories. Easy!
Which is your favorite way to style hair flowers? Let us know in the comment section below!