When the weather is hot and humid, it seems like our regular hairstyles just don’t hold up. Once the humidity gets above a certain number, blowouts start to frizz and curls start to droop. So what can you do? Try one of these hairstyles for hot weather! These humid hairstyles either embrace the changes humidity brings to our hair, or uses sneaky styling techniques to keep frizz at bay. Keep reading for the best hairstyles for hot weather!
Our 5 Favorite Hairstyles for Hot Weather
Do you have naturally wavy hair? This humid hairstyle is for you. Usually women with naturally wavy hair either straighten or curl their hair to create a more polished look. However, hot temperatures and high humidity can easily erase all the hard work you put into your hairstyle, leaving you with frizzy and droopy locks. Not what you want!
So instead, we suggest embracing your natural hair texture by following these steps:
- Start by washing your hair with Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Shampoo.
- Apply Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Conditioner throughout your hair. But don’t rinse it out just yet! Let the conditioner sit in your hair for several minutes while it hydrates and softens your hair.
- Next, flip your head over and use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to detangle your hair. Then rinse all the conditioner out of your hair.
- While hair is still sopping wet, apply a dime-size amount of Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Elixir to your hair to add body. Then apply hair gel throughout your hair and scrunch in sections.
- Flip your head over and wrap your hair in an old t-shirt to soak up excess moisture. After 30 to 60 minutes, remove the t-shirt and let your hair air dry. Hint: avoid touching your hair while it dries to prevent frizz!
- Once hair is completely dry, gently scrunch your hair with your fingers to eliminate any crunchiness from the gel. And voila! Your natural waves are enhanced, sans frizz!
We love this humid hairstyle because it’s also a great hot weather hairstyle for short hair. Beachy waves work well on hair of all lengths, and it’s great for both wavy and curly hair.
Plus, your waves will last for several days without much maintenance. To refresh your waves, just apply a bit of water to your hair and scrunch.
2. Sleek Low Bun
A sleek low bun is always a good hairstyle for hot days. A sleek hair bun is casual enough to wear to the pool, but you can also dress it up with some dangly earrings for a night out.
After styling your bun, use a comb to remove any bumps for a smooth, sleek look. Then spray your hair with dry oil to add shine, and finish with hairspray for all-day hold. If you have frizzy hair, you can also tame flyaways with a little bit of hair gel.
3. Messy Bun with Flowers
Smooth and sleek not your thing? Try this hairstyle for hot weather. To get the look, just tie your hair into a messy high bun or top knot. Then use a bobby pin to clip a decorative fresh flower into place. Don’t have any fresh flowers on hand? No worries. A silk flower works just as well (and lasts longer)!
4. High Ponytail with Bandana
The bandana in this hairstyle looks cute, but it’s also performing a not-so-cute function: absorbing sweat! Seriously, during the dog days of summer, nothing is worse than getting sweat in your eyes, right? Adding a little bandana to your ‘do is a stylish way to prevent this from happening. That’s why this is one of our favorite hairstyles for hot days!
5. Side Braid
Everyone knows that a simple braid is an ideal hairstyle for hot weather. But if you’re looking for something a little different, you can change up a simple braid by pulling it to the side.
If your braid isn’t as thick as you’d like it to be, try Viviscal Hair Growth Supplements. Viviscal is clinically proven proven to nourish thinning hair and promote existing hair growth*. In clinical studies, women saw a 32% increase in the number of terminal hairs and a nearly 40% decrease in hair shedding in just 3 months+. Those are some serious results!
Viviscal works by nourishing your hair from the inside out with a combination of key vitamins and minerals for hair growth plus AminoMarTM, a proprietary marine protein complex found exclusively in Viviscal supplements*. Just two pills per day can lead to a thicker braid in as little as 3 months. Woo!
What’s your go-to hairstyle for hot weather? Let us know in the comments!
+Ablon, G.; Dermatol Res Pract., 2015