Viviscal hair growth† supplements are scientifically proven to reduce hair shedding and increase the number of hairs in 3 months+. But what if you want thicker-looking hair now? Try these products — from dry shampoo to thickening serum — to amp up hair volume and transform fine or thin hair instantly.
4 Hair Products to Boost Fine, Thin Hair
1. Dry Shampoo
Fine and thin hair is prone to greasiness that makes hair look limp and flat. Eliminate greasiness with dry shampoo, which eliminates extra oil to give fine hair some extra oomph.
How to use dry shampoo:
- Separate hair into sections, hold the bottle 12” inches away, and spray into roots
- Use your fingertips to massage dry shampoo into your roots
- Let dry shampoo sit for one minute. This will allow it to work its magic by absorbing excess oil.
- Brush or comb hair and then style as usual.
If you accidentally apply too much dry shampoo, don’t panic! You can use a blow-dryer to help remove a little of the excess product. Then, brush through hair.
Dry Shampoo Tips:
- Use a dry shampoo in a shade that matches your hair color after styling to add extra volume to your look. Try Batiste® dry shampoo in Divine Dark, Beautiful Brunette, or Brilliant Blonde, depending on your hair color.
- Apply dry shampoo directly to your roots for fresh-looking hair.
- Shake the bottle well before and between spritzes to prevent white residue.
2. Densifying Conditioner
Don’t be afraid to use conditioner! All hair types (including fine or thin hair) can benefit from moisturizing hair with a high-quality conditioner.
The trick is to choose a conditioner that won’t weigh down finer strands, like Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Conditioner. This unique lightweight formula provides weightless moisture that leaves hair looking fuller and shinier. With an impressive ingredient list that includes Biotin, Keratin and Zinc, Gorgeous Growth Densifying Conditioner makes hair look thicker.
You can also use conditioner to exfoliate your scalp, removing scalp build-up from styling products like dry shampoo. Start by mixing equal parts conditioner with brown sugar. Shampoo hair normally, then apply the exfoliating mixture to your scalp. Gently massage into your scalp using your fingertips. Let sit the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cold water. Repeat monthly for best results.
3. Body-Boosting Styling Product
When it comes to adding body to fine hair, Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Elixir can make all the difference. Densifying Elixir promotes thicker-looking hair with Ana:Tel™, a proprietary complex containing clinically tested ingredients derived from natural sources, such as pea sprouts.
This leave-in treatment boosts body, so hair looks thicker, fuller, and healthier. And it couldn’t be easier to use. Just apply two to three pumps to damp hair, then comb to distribute evenly. Style hair as usual.
4. Hair Fibers
What if you not only want to add thickness to fine, thin hair, but also camouflage a wider part or conceal scalp show-through? Try Toppik™ Hair Building Fibers! This Hollywood hair secret is made from salon-quality keratin, the same protein found in hair. Toppik Hair Fibers have an innate static charge that allows them to cling to even tiny existing hairs, making your hair look instantly thicker and fuller.
How to use hair fibers:
- Start with dry, styled hair.
- Shake Toppik Hair Fibers into hair, or use the Spray Applicator attachment for a more controlled application.
- Then, finish with Toppik FiberHold Spray to add shine and lock the fibers into place for longer-lasting results
Hint: you can also use Toppik Fibers as a root touch-up to cover root regrowth between hair colorings!
What are you favorite products for fine or thin hair? Let us know in the comments!
†Existing hair growth
+Ablon, G.; Dermatol Res Pract., 2015.